How to get to Valencia
If you are coming from abroad, Valencia’s international airport is well-served by many european airlines, such as Ryanair, Vueling, KLM, Easyjet and Iberia (OneWorld alliance), that propose direct flights to the city or flights with connections through, for instance, Madrid, Barcelona or Mallorca. More detailed information about how to get to can be found here.
From the airport to the city
The Valencia airport is about 12 km from the conference venue. It has direct flights from many European countries. Although some of them are not direct flights, connections through Madrid, Barcelona or Mallorca airports are available and take less than one hour.
Once in the airport, you can reach the city centre from the airport by taxi, by bus or by metro.
A taxi takes about 20 minutes to the city centre and costs about 20-25€.
A bus service called Valencia-Airport line 150 departs every 26 minutes from Monday to Friday and every 35 minutes on Saturdays (single fare 1.45€).
Metro service line 3 (red) and line 5 (green) from the airport to city center stations depart every 10 minutes (single fare 4,50€). Approximate journey time: 30 minutes.
Moving around the city
There is an extensive, low cost public transport network covering the city including bus, underground, tram and taxi. There are different tickets and fares available:
- Bus: single ticket (on the bus) for 1,50€. Also available “bonobus” (10 trips, bought at kiosks for 8,50€).
- Metro: single ticket fare from 1,50€ to 3,90€ depending on the route. Also available at metro stations the “bonometro” of 10 trips (ranging from 7,20€ to 20€). Combined bus-underground 1-3 day tickets are also available at kiosks.
- Taxis: are not expensive (but there is a minimum fare of 4,90€ at daytime and 6€ after 22:00. Prices may vary for the summer period), and you can pick them up at taxi ranks or stop them in the street, or ask the reception desk to call one for you.
- Bike: Valencia is a bike-friendly city with over 120 kilometres of cycle paths. There are many stores where you can rent a bike. You can also use the public bicycle system (Valenbisi).
Arriving to the Universitat Politècnica de València
DSN 2020 will be held at the Ciutat Politècnica de la Innovació, in the Vera Campus of the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV). Conferences, keynotes and sessions will take place in the building 8G of the UPV.
You can easily arrive to the conference place by tram or by bus. Tram stops are identified by the symbol . Tram lines 4 and 6 arrive to UPV. Specifically, tram stop for the Ciutat Politècncia de la Innovació is Serrería. More info about tram lines, stops and tickets can be seen here.
If you prefer the bus, take into account that Bus stops will be identified by symbol. Different bus lines, identified by a number, can be used. Nearest bus stops to the conference site are:
- Bus line number 18, 93 and 98:
From the recommended hotels, the easiest way to arrive to the DSN is taking the bus line number 99:
Bus lines 40 and 71 also arrive to the Universitat Politècncia de València. More info about bus lines, stops and tickets can be seen here.
217 total views, 2 views today